Wednesday 6 February 2013

Oh Emily!

Bonsoir; Here are some new prints (etchings) I have been working on. Emily has been a fictional pet in our home for a long time, she is a naughty, playful Boston terrier, and recently she acquired a dogmanfriend by the name of Francois. Although these are just the first ideas I translated into print, I have become attached to Emily and Francois and am keen to see them have more adventures in the future. Francois likes to think of himself as a bit of a gentleman, so never leaves home without his bow tie, or a hat (of course)!





Ive also been working on some new ideas for cards that you can add to , I like mixing it up, and I love cards, sending, receiving, real post wins over techno techno mail any day. I recently made some bird etchings which I'm calling I and you- that gives some boundaries but leaves room to be expanded on depending on what the sender wants to say. Birds are also my favourites! These are just the first test prints Ive done, I get so excited about printing because even when you control all the different elements, once its through the roller, it can always result in something completely different depending on the variables!



So from Emily and Francois: Bon nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment