Sunday 20 January 2013

Colour dances: Lines Journey









Researching this evening for new projects I'm starting at work I came across these by Richard Deacon. I love the sense of line used, they are just so poetic. I could spend ages tracing the lines, and meandering through the structures. Ive been working on some new drawings for rings I want to make this year- and these works kind of resonate within certain elements I have been exploring. I need to stop over thinking them (the rings) and just commit to the making. I spent time before Christmas working on gifts for family and friends, which included screen printed textiles, tea cups and bird houses. It was great working towards a deadline, and felt Id been the most productive I had been in ages. It gave me the motivation to want to push myself more to make outside of work- though there never seems to be enough hours in the day to do all the things I'd like. Though I have to say staying up late and screen printing on the kitchen table was so much fun.

Over the Christmas break I saw a few exhibitions- one of which was at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery- The Government Art collection- Patrick Heron had a Piece in the show, and I just loved how the colours radiated against each other- I love colour, and like the way a small collection of colours can dance of the surface. I don't think the images (below) really say this about his work, but in real life, there was neon, magic happening in my eyes, and it was joyous.






No comments:

Post a Comment